Choosing RODI water for a reef tank creates a cleaner environment. In this image, a clownfish swims amid corals.

Using RODI water for a reef tank is like showing your wet pets some love.

You spend time installing your aquarium, finding the perfect livestock, ensuring that the inhabitants are mostly compatible, and adding the ideal lighting to enhance the beauty. Now it’s time to keep your aquarium and its residents healthy and happy for years to come, and using reverse osmosis deionized water is one way to do just that.

How is RODI water best for a reef aquarium? Let us count the ways.

1. RODI water is pure.

RODI water is not just clean; it’s literally perfect. In addition to going through the reverse osmosis process, we go the extra mile to deionize the water. Reverse osmosis makes it about 95% clean. Deionization wipes out that remaining 5 percent of impurities.

2. It keeps your fish safer.

Even the slightest level of impurities in the water can make your fish uncomfortable or sick. A typical aquarium environment has enough to deal with when faced with algae, fish waste, plant waste, a possibly sick pet, and more. Don’t make the aquarium filters and livestock deal with chemicals on top of that. 

Tap water may contain chlorine, ammonia, nitrates, phosphates, silica, copper, and iron. If you use only reverse osmosis water — or, even worse, straight up tap water — some of those chemicals will get into your aquarium water and compromise its integrity. (By the way, don’t ever use tap water inside or outside your aquarium. That’s worth repeating time and time again, just in case you’re a new pet owner.)

3. Using RODI water in a reef tank keeps the corals happier.

Corals are spoiled little creatures, so they need extra TLC. Being able to include corals is perhaps the best reason to design a reef tank as opposed to any other type of aquarium. In order to create a more aesthetically pleasing aquarium, you can help corals flourish in their environment with pristine water conditions.

4. Water changes are easy with aquarium water delivery.

If you use RODI water for a reef tank in your Phoenix area home, you get the added benefit of convenience through our water delivery program. You may order 3- or 5-gallon jugs of RODI water to have on hand at all times, or we can change your saltwater aquarium water for you. Speaking of salt, you can order the brand you like through Seatech H2O as well, and we’ll even mix it for you.

If you’re not yet using RODI water for a reef tank, you may want to start with a clean slate by properly cleaning your existing tank. We can help you make the change, and then continue to provide you with RODI water delivery for your convenience.

Make an appointment with us today to start creating a healthier environment for your underwater friends, or call our aquarium installation team if you have any questions about the benefits of using RODI water for saltwater aquariums.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *